TOP TEN THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT BEING BALTIMORE’S BEST HON
- You fill out the application the Saturday of HonFest, next to the Main Stage, beginning at 10am.
- If you become one of the top ten finalists you will need to return on Sunday to finish the competition.
- Our Motto: “The higher the hair the closer to God!”
- Our mission: “Honor the Working Women of America”. We honor WOMEN.
- Our goal: HonFest gives you permission to have fun, HON!
- No cigarettes, no booze, no foul language, no exceptions.
- Must have a unique HON style, command of our beloved language “Bawlmerese” and a great personality.
- Must be available 3 or four times a year to dress up, and must ride in the annual Mayors Christmas Parade.
- Talent is not a requirement, but we all have very special hidden talents so if you sing or read poetry or just want to tell a special story keep it to one minute and e-mail me your idea in advance so that we can be prepared. (Example: One year Heidi won because she played “take me out to the Ball game” on a xylophone made from Natty Boh bottles. This was considered in good taste and acceptable.)
- My mother, Judy, is a judge for the contest. This makes her Judge Judy. She has very high standards… 10 years of therapy and I think I am ok now, HON!
Psst: Our Judges give extra points for “wash & set” hairdo, ’cause it’s full of hope and hairspray.
CONTEST TIMES: Saturday, June 11, 2016
11 am ~ LI’L HONS (ages 3-7)
Noon ~ HONETTES (ages 8-13)
2 pm ~ BALTIMORE”S BEST HON CONTEST PART 1 ~ Ten finalists will be chosen
The Baltimore’s Best Hon Top Ten Finalists will return, Sunday at 12:30 pm to prepare for their stage appearance.